Today I was leading training for the Arabic department. I shared how I have used QR codes, how to create them, but most importantly, why I use them. I use them because they engage students in the learning by:
- Allow choice in students learning
- They promote an interesting experience in learning (even if the content may not be so)
- Learning is active and participatory
- They allow for many paths to learning
- Students can manage their own learning, access it independently and instantly
The Arabic staff experienced how to use the app, Qrafter, to scan QR codes. Then they thought about how they could use QR codes in their classroom. Finally, they created their own QR codes using QR Code Monkey.