GD introduced us to TouchCast- we’ve seen a demonstrating video of what it is and been able to create teacher accounts. TouchCast is an exciting immersive and interactive experiential video creation website.
JC introduced Aurasma- an augmented reality app which links the physical world to the virtual world for our students.
JT has demonstrated how Minecraft is being used in Drama and the positive implications for our students who we can meet in their ‘third place’. Engaging way to interact with the students.
JV recapped how to use Plickers- Assessment for Learning Tool.
CN shared Nearpod- which is a 21st Century Interactive Presentation Tool.
We have all agreed:
- New members of WIRED to sign up to WordPress.
- All of us to register and create an account with TouchCast and Aurasma over the next week and to try and create an example of each to try with our classes
- We have agreed to all blog on what we have done in our trial by the end of next week
- SR is going to feedback to PSLT and will get the apps installed on primary iPads
- GD is going to liaise with other WIRED members